Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Recipe Swap Tuesday

I can't believe it is still Tuesday. It has felt like Wednesday to me all day! Ugh!



Anyway, I am linking up with Mrs. S over at Confessions of a Sailor's Wife for my Recipe Swap.

This week is Lasagna. I never make it, but I LOVE pasta! My "lasagna" (I do call it Lasagna) is actually the curly noodles... Callentani is my favorite, but those are hard to find, so I usually use rotini.

My Lasagna

Preheat oven to 350F.

1 lb pasta noodles (cooked and drained)
1 jar (Prego 3 cheese)
1 lb ground meat (usually I use beef, but you can use turkey, chicken or sausage- cooked and drained)
8oz Ricotta cheese
8 oz Cottage cheese
handful (yes.. seriously.. a handful) of Parmesan cheese
2 bags Itallian Shredded cheese (really any that you like)
1 egg
touch of salt

Place pasta in a 9x11 glass baking dish. Add meat and sauce. Put a slight but of water in sauce jar to get remainder of sauce out of the jar. Stir meat, pasta and sauce. In a separate bowl, add together the Ricotta, cottage, and parmesan cheese, add the egg and salt. Stir to mix well. Spoon on top of pasta/meat. Cover with shredded cheese (I use both bags... I like it cheesy)

Cook at 350F for about 25-30 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and edges are yummy crisp (not burnt though...)

MMM... I love it! It is pretty generic though.

No comments:

Post a Comment