Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Recipe Swap Tuesday




Yay for recipes!! I love to cook! The theme this week is grilling!

I am going to give my simple corn on the cob recipe for the grill (who doesn't know how to grill corn on the cob. still...) And also my favorite dessert (i am not a dessert eater... but i LOVE this one!) Frozen Peanut Butter Pie... mmm

Corn on the Cob

   What you need:
   Corn ears - shucked and cleaned
   Butter
   Salt and pepper to taste
   Garlic (also to taste... if you use real garlic, I use about a clove per 4 ears.)
   Tin foil

Place ear on the tin foil. Add butter, salt, pepper, garlic and wrap tightly. Grill usually 20 minutes, turning occasionally (corn will caramelize too much if not turned often.)

Some people leave them in the husks, soak them in water, and then grill them... i like to grill the flavor right onto it! mmm

Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

2 graham cracker pie crusts
2 c. powdered sugar
1 c. peanut butter
8 oz. cream cheese
12 oz. Cool Whip

Mix together powdered sugar, peanut butter, and cream cheese. Fold in Cool Whip. Divide mixture into 2 pie shells. Freeze. Set out few minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating! I LOVE grilled corn on the cob... I usually use a little bit of cayenne pepper but I am going to try garlic next time! And that pie sounds AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete